Did you know that the main reason Jeff Bezos went with Amazon for the name of his company was because it starts with the letter A, and therefore would appear near the top of alphabetical website searches!? That Jeff Bezos, pretty sharp guy!
1) Amazon is the largest Internet-based retailer in the United States with revenue of US$ 88.988 billion in 2014
2) The first book Amazon.com ever sold was from Jeff Bezos' garage in July 1995. The book was Fluid Concepts & Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought by Douglas Hofstadter
3) Amazon.com was almost called "Cadabra" as in "Abracadabra". That idea was struck down because CEO Jeff Bezos' lawyer misheard the word as "cadaver"
4) Amazon's logo was designed to depict a smile that goes from A to Z. "This signifies that the company is willing to deliver everything to everyone, anywhere in the world."
5) Amazon's warehouses have more square footage than 700 Madison Square Gardens and could hold more water than 10,000 Olympic Pools
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review
"We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. Boldlist is owned by Placement Labs & the opinions expressed here are our own."
"Placement Labs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com"